Fresh vegetables, baked in the oven, mixed with fresh cheddar cheese. Delicious.
This week I stumbled across this lovely Zucchini Tots recipe by SkinnyTaste.com via Being June. I was so enchanted by how easy and mouthwatering the recipe looked that I set out all ready to make them after cooking class last night…. only to find that the supermarket didn’t have zucchinis, but had cucumbers instead. According to the vegetable grocer, zucchinis can be cooked while cucumbers should be eaten raw. But I was so insistent on trying this recipe, that I decided I was going to make it anyway, but with carrots and cucumbers instead of zucchinis.Carrot, Cheddar & Cucumber Tots
And, I’m soooo glad I plunged on with the challenge. It was completely awesome! Healthy & Guilt-free.
Here’s the slightly amended recipe for all of you to try as well!
CARROT, CHEDDAR & CUCUMBER TOTS (Makes 8)
1) 1 cup of shredded carrot
2) 1 cup of shredded cucumber
3) 1/2 onion, diced
4) 2 eggs
5) 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
6) 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
7) Salt & pepper to taste
1) Shred carrot and cucumber and cheddar, and dice onion (squeeze water from shredded cucumber)
2) Place shredded carrot, cucumber, and onion in a mixing bowl
3) Add in shredded cheddar cheese
4) Add in beaten eggs
5) Add in bread crumbs and salt & pepper
6) Mix together
8) Fill a greased muffin mould with vegetable mixture, pushing down on the filling so it is compacted
9) Bake in pre-heated oven at around 200 deg cel for 20-25minutes, or until tops are golden brown
10) Serve hot
Place shredded carrot, cucumber and diced onions in a mixing bowl:
Add in shredded cheddar:
Add in eggs:
Add in bread crumbs and salt & pepper:
Fill a greased muffin mould with vegetable mixture until compacted:
Delicious Carrot, Cheddar & Cucumber Tots!