Don’t you just love how Famous Amos cookies bring back all the wonderful memories from our Singaporean childhood? I used to eat it so often, and passing by any Famous Amos outlets just causes me to drool from the delicious aromas that swirl around the shop.
A few weeks ago, I did a Google search for a recipe from Famous Amos, and I found one! So I’m sharing this copy-cat recipe, for us all to share the fats and revel in the yummy goodness.
FAMOUS AMOS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (Makes 2 dozen)
1) 1/2 cup white sugar
2) 1/2 cup brown sugar
3) 1/2 cup butter
4) 1/2 cup vegetable oil
5) 1 egg
6) 1/2 tablespoon milk
7) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
8) 1/2 teaspoon salt
9) 2 cups self-raising flour
10) 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
11) 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Thoroughly cream sugars, butter, oil, egg, milk and vanilla essence
2) Add the dry ingredients, including the nuts and chocolate chips, to the mixture in step 1, and mix well till a homogenous texture is achieved
3) Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto a greased baking tray, leaving at least 3 – 4 cm of space between cookies
4) Heat in oven at 175 deg cel (medium-high heat for gas ovens) for 10 – 15 minutes (or until cookies are hard
Cream sugars, butter, oil, egg, milk and vanilla essence:
Sift in flour, and other dry ingredients:
To get this cookie dough:
A closer look at the dough..don’t the chocolate chips look marvelous?
Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto a greased baking tray (I had to use 2 trays):
Fresh out of the oven:
Yumm… Famous Amos here I come!