Butternut squash, in long fries slices, baked till golden-orange and crispy.
Did you think you arrived early in Heaven? Nope, but we’re pretty close to that.
I was inspired to make butternut fries when I read this post on Healthy Spring Snacks by A Few Lovely Things.
So I headed home, determined to create this delicious and brightly-colored appetizer, a huge butternut squash in hand.
OVEN-BAKED BUTTERNUT FRIES (Serves 4)
1) 1 large butternut squash
2) 1 cup of vegetable oil
3) Salt and pepper to taste
1) Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds
2) Cut butternut squash into the size of french fries
3) Heat some oil in a baking tray in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg cel
4) Once oil is heated, arrange the cut butternut squash slices on the tray
5) Bake in oven for an hour, checking every once in a while to see if its cooked. (Bake longer if you want it crispier).
Fresh Butternut Squash:
Sliced Butternut Squash:
Arrange slices in a baking tray which already has oil heated in it:
Fresh out of the oven!
Beautiful Butternut Fries!