One of my favorite salads nowadays is the rocket and mushroom salad – a combination which I have never tried before coming to Buenos Aires. This is a really simple way to jazz up a meal, with its delightful and sharp flavours bringing a variety of colour to the main dish.
ROCKET & MUSHROOM SALAD
1) 2 bunches of rocket leaves
2) 1 packet of button mushrooms
1) Using your fingers, break the rocket leaves from its stalk
2) Rinse the leaves thoroughly for at least 5 times after all the leaves have been plucked
3) Rinse the button mushrooms well, removing all dirt
4) Slice the button mushrooms thinly, ensuring that each slice is of roughly even thickness
5) In a large salad bowl, place the rocket leaves below, and then spread the mushrooms above
6) Ready to be eaten!
Fresh rocket leaves:
Rocket leaves plucked from their stalks and rinsed clean:
Rinse the mushrooms well:
Slice the mushrooms into even slices:
Served and ready to be eaten: