Big on flavor, these tasty and easy air fryer chicken quarters are a delicious and savory main dish that comes together in under 30 minutes. With a crispy skin outside and juicy chicken flesh inside, these air fried chicken quarters are totally gluten-free, dairy-free and low carb too. Go make a batch of these chicken legs today!
- Prepare Marinade: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mustard, mayonnaise, salt, granulated garlic and spices in a bowl. Stir until you get a smooth marinade.
- Rinse and Dry Chicken: Rinse and pat the chicken quarters dry with a paper towel, removing any excess fat (if any).
- Marinate Chicken: Spread the marinade on all sides of the chicken quarters. (If you have time, you can cover the chicken quarters with plastic wrap and let them marinate for a couple of hours in the refrigerator or overnight).
- Preheat Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400F (200C).
- Place Chicken in Air Fryer: Place the chicken quarters in the air fryer basket.
- Cook Chicken Quarters: Air fry for 15 minutes at 400F, before flipping them to the other side and cooking for another 10 minutes. (Tip: If the quarters are large, you can increase the frying time by another 5-7 minutes).
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve the finished quarters immediately, while they are hot and very tasty. You can serve the air fryer chicken leg quarters with a sauce of choice (mustard, cheese, mayo, BBQ).
Chicken Quarters: Chicken quarters basically refer to the whole chicken leg (including the thigh and drumstick). I’m using chicken quarters, but you can also use chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks instead.
Mustard: I like mustard for taste, but you can also skip it if you aren’t a fan of mustard. I used yellow mustard, but feel free to use Dijon mustard or other mustard of your choice.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise adds flavor and helps to retain moisture when spread as a marinade.
Chicken Seasoning: Chicken seasoning, or chicken spice rub, can be found in most supermarkets. However, if you don’t have access to it, you can use a mix of onion powder, dried parsley, and cumin powder instead.
Storing: To store, place the air fried chicken quarters in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the chicken quarters in the air fryer at 350F for 5 minutes before eating.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: air fryer chicken quarters