Crazy crispy on the outside, and amazingly juicy and tender on the inside, these finger-licking good air fryer chicken tenders are flavored with garlic and parsley and make the perfect healthy snack or appetizer! No air fryer? No problem, you can make these in the oven too! These delicious chicken tenders are totally gluten-free and dairy-free too, but no one would care!
- 1 pound chicken tenders (approximately 10 to 12 tenders)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Sriracha or Ketchup, for serving (optional)
- Whisk Breadcrumbs and Condiments: Whisk breadcrumbs, dried granulated garlic, dried parsley, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Dip in Egg: Dip chicken tenders a few at a time in beaten eggs until they are coated all over.
- Dredge Chicken in Breadcrumb Mixture: Dredge egg-coated chicken tenders in the breadcrumbs mixture, pressing them on all sides until they are evenly coated all over. Shake off any excess breadcrumbs before placing the coated chicken pieces on a dry plate. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken on all sides.
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Cook in Batches: Place chicken pieces in the basket and cook for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through until they are golden brown. (You may have to cook the chicken in a few batches depending on the size of your air fryer – the most important thing is not to overcrowd it so there is space for the hot air to circulate and crisp up the surface of the chicken).
- Reheat: Once all the chicken has been cooked, return them all to the air fryer basket and heat up at 400F for 2 to 3 minutes until all hot and ready to serve.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish air fryer chicken tenders with fresh parsley and serve with Sriracha or ketchup.
Chicken Tenders: You can either buy pre-cut chicken tenders, or you can also buy skinless chicken breasts and cut them up into strips of approximately 1.5 inches wide by 5 inches long.
Oil: I used olive oil but you can also use any neutral vegetable oil.
Herbs: The mix of granulated garlic and dried parsley is my favorite savory flavor combination, but feel free to use other herbs or spices to add some oomph to the breadcrumbs. You can also use paprika, turmeric, onion powder or even curry powder (the options are endless)!
No Air Fryer? Here’s How to Bake: If you don’t own an air fryer, you can easily bake these in the oven. Bake the tenders in the oven at 400F for 7 to 8 minutes per side until they are crisp enough for your liking.
Storing: To store, let the cooked chicken tenders cool before placing them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat chicken in the air fryer or oven at 350F for 5 to 8 minutes until heated up and then serve.
Freezing: If freezing the cooked chicken tenders, let them cool completely before placing them in freezer-safe ziplock bags or containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Let the chicken thaw completely overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the air fryer or oven at 350F for 5 to 8 minutes before serving. If freezing the uncooked chicken tenders, place them in single layers separated by plastic sheets in a freezer-proof container and freeze for up to 3 months. To cook, no defrosting required. Simply drizzle with oil and then cook the chicken in the air fryer at 400F for 15 minutes, flipping over halfway through. Alternatively, cook in the oven at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through until crispy and golden all over.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders