- Preheat Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Brush with Oil: Brush each ear of corn with olive oil.
- Season the Corn: Sprinkle salt and ground paprika over the corn.
- Place Corn in Air Fryer: Place the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket (depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in either 1 or 2 batches).
- Cook Until Golden Brown: Cook the corn for 20 minutes, turning the corn over halfway through, until kernels are tender and golden brown.
- Garnish and Enjoy! Sprinkle fresh parsley and nutritional yeast on top before serving hot.
Fresh or Frozen Corn: This recipe calls for fresh ears of corn, but if you wish to use frozen corn on the cob (or only have frozen corn on hand), simply add 5 extra minutes to the cooking time to allow the corn to fully defrost before cooking.
Salt: I like using pink Himalayan salt, but feel free to use whichever salt you fancy.
Parsley: I like to sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the corn as it adds color contrast and taste. Alternatively, you can use chopped spring onions or chives too.
Nutritional Yeast: We cook dairy-free at home and I love using nutritional yeast as a dairy-free version of grated cheese since it has a cheesy flavor profile and feels and looks so much like grated cheese. Alternatively, if you are not lactose-intolerant, feel free to use grated parmesan cheese instead.
Do Not Overcrowd: It’s important that you do not overcrowd your air fryer basket and that you place the corn in one single layer. This is so that the corn can cook evenly on all sides and brown nicely. My air fryer is only big enough for 2 full ears of corn, so I cooked the corn in 2 batches. Simply reheat the previously cooked corn for a couple of minutes in your air fryer before serving.
Optional Seasonings/Toppings: I used salt and ground paprika in this recipe, but feel free to play around with the seasonings! Some other options you could use include ground black pepper, ground turmeric, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. For toppings, I used fresh chopped parsley and nutritional yeast (because we eat dairy-free at home), but feel free to use chopped cilantro, add a squirt of lime juice or lemon juice, and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese if you are not lactose-intolerant.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer corn on the cob