- 4 ears, fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Fresh chopped parsley, for sprinkling (optional)
- Nutritional yeast, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Brush each ear of corn with olive oil and sprinkle over salt and ground paprika.
- Place the corn in a single layer in the air fryer basket (depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in either 1 or 2 batches).
- Cook the corn for 20 minutes, turning the corn over halfway through, until kernels are tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley and nutritional yeast on top before serving hot.
Fresh or Frozen Corn: This recipe calls for fresh ears of corn, but if you wish to use frozen corn (or only have frozen corn on hand), simply add 5 extra minutes to the cooking time to allow the corn to fully defrost before cooking.
Do Not Overcrowd: It’s important that you do not overcrowd your air fryer basket and that you place the corn in one single layer. This is so that the corn can cook evenly on all sides and brown nicely. My air fryer is only big enough for 2 full ears of corn, so I cooked the corn in 2 batches. Simply reheat the previously cooked corn for a couple of minutes in your air fryer before serving.
Optional Seasonings/Toppings: I used salt and ground paprika in this recipe, but feel free to play around with the seasonings! Some other options you could use include salt and pepper, ground turmeric, red chili pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder. For toppings, I used fresh chopped parsley and nutritional yeast (because we eat dairy-free at home), but feel free to use chopped cilantro, add a squirt of lime juice or lemon juice, and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese if you are not lactose-intolerant.
Nutritional Yeast Substitute: We cook dairy-free at home so I like using nutritional yeast for its cheese-like flavor profile as well as the texture. However, if you can tolerate dairy, feel free to use grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling over the corn.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer corn on the cob