- Wash and Slice: Wash and slice the eggplant into even sticks (approximately 2 inches in thickness).
- Salt and Let Sit: Place the eggplant sticks in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with paper towels and sprinkle salt over them. Let the eggplant sit for 20 minutes (this will get rid of excess moisture from the eggplant).
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 400F (200C) and spray the air fryer basket lightly with cooking spray.
- Season: After the excess moisture has been removed, combine the eggplant sticks, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine until eggplant has been evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Cook in Air Fryer: Place the seasoned eggplant in the air fryer basket in a single layer (leaving a bit of space between each stick) and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket halfway through.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle the air fryer eggplant with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Garlic Powder: I like using garlic power for some extra flavor, but feel free to leave it out if you’re not big on the taste of garlic.
Crushed Red Pepper: I like spicing things up by adding some crushed red pepper flakes for extra heat. You can use more or less red pepper flakes depending on how hot you prefer the eggplant to be. Alternatively, you can leave them out completely if you prefer.
Make Sure to Salt Eggplant and Let Sit: While it may take more time to salt the eggplant and let it sit, this step is important to get rid of excess water from the eggplant (this will prevent the eggplant from being too soggy once cooked).
Don’t Overcrowd: Make sure you don’t overcrowd the eggplant so that there is enough space between each piece of eggplant for the hot air to circulate on all sides. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the eggplant in 2 separate batches.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: air fryer eggplant