These delicious air fryer kale chips are cooked in just 5 minutes, so you can munch on a crispy and healthy snack whenever the craving occurs! Perfect for serving at your game day party or just snacking on while bingeing on Netflix. Simply adjust the flavors according to your preference. Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan too, so everyone can enjoy!
- Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 390F.
- Tear Kale Leaves from Stems: Use your hands to tear the kale leaves from the stems. Discard the stems directly.
- Massage Kale Leaves with Oil: Place the torn kale leaves in a large bowl, drizzle the oil over, and use your fingers to massage the kale with the oil so that oil is spread all over. Sprinkle the salt over evenly.
- Air Fry the Kale: Place kale in a single layer in your air fryer basket, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, until kale is super crispy. (Depending on how small or large your air fryer basket is, you may need to cook the kale chips in 2-3 batches.)
- Season and Serve: Transfer the air fried kale to a bowl, sprinkle on the ground turmeric and paprika, and serve!
Oil: I used normal vegetable oil, but you can also use coconut oil or avocado oil if you prefer.
Spices: I like to garnish my kale chips with a bit of ground turmeric and ground paprika for a pop of color and extra flavor. However, you can use the spices of your choice – think ground chili powder, curry powder, ground cumin, ground nutmeg, garlic powder or even onion powder! The choice is yours.
Don’t Overcrowd the Air Fryer Basket: Make sure you arrange the kale chips in a single layer and don’t overcrowd the basket so that there is enough room for the hot air to circulate (and hence allows the kale leaves to crisp up on all sides). Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may have to cook the kale chips in 2 to 3 batches.
No Air Fryer? No problem: If you don’t own an air fryer, but would still like to make these deliciously crispy kale chips, you can use the oven instead. Preheat the oven to 350F, place the kale leaves in a single layer on a large baking sheet, and roast them for 10 to 15 minutes until they are crispy and brown on the edges, but not burnt.
Adapted from: Live Eat Learn
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer kale chips