With just a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes to spare, you’ll get a bowl of warm flaxseed porridge, topped with fresh blueberries and sliced almonds.
- 1 cup milk (dairy, almond, coconut, whichever you prefer)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed (also known as flaxmeal)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- A slight pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 large cup of fresh blueberries (or other berries of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds (or other nuts of your choice)
- Bring milk to a boil in a small to medium-sized pot
- Once milk starts to boil, turn heat down to medium-low and mix in the eggs and the egg whites, stirring frequently.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add in the ground flaxseed, mashed banana, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon, and keep stirring.
- Cook until the egg whites are completely cooked through and the mixture obtains a porridge-like consistency (roughly 10 minutes of cooking).
- Serve flaxseed porridge hot with fresh blueberries and slivered almonds.
Barely adapted from: Taylor Made it Paleo (http://taylormadeitpaleo.com/2013/08/05/oatmeal-minus-the-oats/)
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Grain-free