When I’m feeling lazy and want comfort food quick and fast, I make something like this – a plate full of brown rice noodles with wilted bok choy, sautéed mushrooms and golden pan-fried tofu, tossed with a generous glug of soy sauce and a shake of salt and sprinkled with fresh chopped spring onions.
- 1 large bowl of cooked brown rice noodles
- 2 cups of bok choy leaves
- 2 cups of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup of cubed tofu
- 3 tablespoons of gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of chopped spring onions
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a little oil and place sliced mushrooms in a single layer
- Let mushrooms cook and only flip them when the bottom is golden brown, then let the other side cook until brown as well. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more oil and pan-fry tofu cubes, flipping over when the bottom side is brown, and letting the other side brown as well. Set aside.
- Salute the bok choy leaves for 1 minute or two until just softened
- Add in brown rice noodles, drizzle gluten-free soy sauce and toss well
- Add in cooked mushrooms and tofu and mix well
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free