Vibrant orange carrot noodles mixed with a deliciously spicy chimichurri sauce. A fast and healthy meal in under 20 minutes!
- 5 medium-sized carrots
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spring onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup neutral vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of crushed red chilli pepper flakes (reduce the amount if you prefer it less spicy)
- Salt to taste
- Place the fresh parsley, basil, spring onions, garlic, vinegar, oil, and crushed red chilli pepper flakes in the bowl of a food processor or a blender and process until you get a thick paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Peel carrots and shred carrots into noodles with a julienne peeler or spiralizer.
- Blanch carrot noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until soft and cooked.
- Mix carrot noodles with the spicy chimichurri sauce, divide equally into two bowls, and garnish with a sprig of parsley and a bit more of crushed red chilli pepper flakes.
P.S. If you haven’t yet, please pick up a copy of the Simple Healthy Breads & Treats e-cookbook! Your support makes the blog possible!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Grain-free