Warm, healing and comforting, this easy carrot turmeric soup is full of vegetables and has anti-inflammatory properties. Make it from start to finish in just one hour. Comfort soup for the soul.
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper, for garnishing
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the chopped carrots, onions and minced garlic, until the onions turn translucent (around 15 minutes).
- Add in turmeric powder and sauté for one minute before adding in water and stock.
- Allow the vegetable-stock mixture to simmer for 40 minutes over medium-low heat, until carrots are tender enough to be cut with a wooden spoon.
- Let vegetable-stock mixture cool down for a while before transferring it to an electric blender and process until you get a thick but smooth and creamy soup.
- Adjust for salt.
- Return soup to the pot and heat up before serving.
- Garnish carrot turmeric soup with cracked black pepper and serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Inspired by: The Casual Veggie Cookbook
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan