Cheese in a biscuit – fresh from the oven and on the table in just 30 minutes flat!
This was a wonderfully fresh & cheesy idea I got from Feedsandfun in the Mum’s Cheese Biscuits post. It looks so deliciously yummy and easy to make that I decided to make it after jumping out of bed this morning.
It was devoured very quickly at the table during lunch, and I think it’s a fantastic snack idea if you want something savoury and fast to make.
Ideal for a house full of boys (even if they are grown up like my bf and his brother). Here’s the recipe with slight adaptations.
CHEESE BISCUITS (Makes 70)
Adapted from Feedsandfun’s Mum’s Cheese Biscuits recipe
1) 1 cup of self-raising flour
2) 100g of butter
3) 150g of grated cheese (I used a mixture of mozarella, cheddar and gouda)
4) 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk (or more if the dough is too dry)
1) Melt butter
2) Mix in flour with butter
3) Add in grated cheese
4) Mix well to achieve a dough-like consistency, adding milk to the mixture as needed
5) Knead dough on a cool, dry surface and flatten with rolling pin
6) Cut out in desired shapes with cookie cutter & arrange on a greased baking tray
7) Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 deg cel for approximately 10 minutes (or until cookie edges turn golden brown)
Mix flour with butter:
Add in grated cheese:
Mix well, adding milk to mixture as needed to get dough-like consistency:
Knead dough on cool, dry surface and flatten with rolling pin:
Cut into any shape you want & arrange on greased baking tray! I made mine into hearts and stars:
Fresh out of the oven!
May your table be filled with cheesy hearts: