- 1 cup tiger nuts (soaked for at least 6 hours or overnight)
- 4 cups filtered water
- Soak Tiger Nuts: Place the raw tiger nuts in a medium bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain: Drain the soaked tiger nuts and pour away the water that the nuts were soaked in.
- Blend: Combine the soaked tiger nuts with the filtered water in the bowl of a high-speed blender and blend for a few minutes until you get a smooth white milk.
- Filter: Pour the milk through a nut milk bag to get rid of any fiber that was not processed.
- Transfer to Bottle: Use the tigernut milk immediately or transfer to a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator for up 3 days.
Tiger Nuts: I prefer using raw peeled tiger nuts, but you may use whichever type you have.
Make Sure to Soak Tiger Nuts: While soaking the tiger nuts beforehand requires a little extra preparation, it results in ultra creamy milk as the tiger nuts absorb some of the water and become slightly softer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Soaking Time: 6 hours
- Category: Basics
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: tigernut milk, tiger nut milk