Fragrant garlic butter shrimp sautéed to golden brown perfection, on a bed of deliciously vibrant and low carb yellow squash noodles. Perfect for a light meal, all under 30 minutes!
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled with tails left on
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2 large yellow squash, julienned into thin noodles with this julienne peeler
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a lemon, for the juice
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When butter is melted, add in minced garlic and stir quickly until fragrant before placing shrimp in a single layer in the skillet (make sure they are evenly spread out).
- Allow shrimp to cook without moving them until the flesh is no longer translucent and the bottom side is golden brown. Flip shrimp over and allow shrimp to cook until the other side is also golden brown. Remove shrimp from skillet and reserve.
- Using a julienne peeler, julienne the yellow squash into thin noodles.
- Place the yellow squash noodles to the same skillet and stir well for a few minutes until they are softened but not wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste before returning garlic butter shrimp to the pan and adding in chopped parsley, mixing well.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Gluten-free