Warm, rich and comforting, this simple garlic eggplant penne pasta is food to fuel you on busy days.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggplant, cubed
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and then sauté the cubed eggplant until it turns tender (around 10 mins).
- Add in diced tomatoes and minced garlic and stir for a few minutes before adding tomato puree and water. Stir well and let the ingredients simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- As the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil, and then cook penne pasta until al dente.
- When penne pasta es cooked, drain it of all water and then transfer the pasta to the skillet and mix well until pasta is evenly distributed between the sauce.
- Add salt to taste.
- Divide pasta evenly between two bowls, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan