These copycat gluten-free crumbl cookies are perfect for the fall season! Filled with pumpkin flavor and topped with a sweet delicious frosting and sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice, these pumpkin crumbl cookies are totally dairy-free too, but no one would care! This pumpkin season, bake a batch (or two) of these amazing cookies to enjoy!
For the Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup gluten-free measure for measure flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free cream cheese frosting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, for sprinkling
- Preheat and Line: Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream Butter, Salt and Sugar: In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, salt, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add Egg, Pumpkin and Vanilla: Add the egg yolk, pumpkin puree and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Mix in dry ingredients: Mix in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and baking powder and blend with a mixer Until a cookie dough is formed.
- Scoop Balls of Dough: Use a spoon or a large cookie scoop to create large balls of dough (you should get 6 large balls).
- Flatten Dough Balls and Bake: Flatten slightly with your hands before putting in the oven to bake for 13 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Cool Cookies Completely: Let the cookie cool for 15 minutes once out of the oven.
- Pipe Frosting: While those cool, fill a piping bag with dairy-free frosting and cut a hole (or use a 1A circular piping tip). Make the signature Crumbl cookie look by piping a large swirl of icing starting from the center of the cookie outwards.
- Dust with Pumpkin Pie Spice: Lightly dust the top of the cookies with extra pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
Vegan Butter: I used vegan butter to keep this gluten-free crumbl cookies recipe dairy-free, but you can also use coconut oil instead. Alternatively, if you are not lactose-intolerant, feel free to use equal amounts of normal butter instead.
Sugar: I used a mix of white sugar and brown sugar in this recipe, but you can use all white sugar or all brown sugar too. You may also use coconut sugar if you prefer. If you are diabetic or insulin-resistant, I highly recommend using monkfruit sweetener (a 1:1 sugar substitute that is zero glycemic-index and will not raise your blood sugar).
Egg Yolk: The egg yolk helps to bind the ingredients together. Alternatively, if you are allergic to eggs or simply want to keep this recipe egg-free, you may use acquafaba or an egg-replacer instead.
Pumpkin Puree: During pumpkin season, I prefer using my own homemade pumpkin puree, but feel free to used canned pumpkin puree instead (just make sure it’s pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling).
Vanilla Extract: I like using vanilla extract for extra flavor, but if you don’t enjoy the taste of vanilla, feel free to leave it out.
Gluten-Free Flour: For best results, I recommend using a gluten-free measure for measure flour (which means the gluten-free flour can be used in exact quantities as normal wheat flour).
Baking Powder: Since baking powder is the only leavening agent in this recipe, make sure to add it in. If you are Celiac or gluten-intolerant, make sure to use gluten-free baking powder.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: Adding pumpkin pie spice really brings out the fall flavors in this gluten-free pumpkin crumbl cookies. Alternatively, if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use ground cinnamon powder instead.
Frosting: I used a dairy-free cream cheese frosting to keep this recipe dairy-free. However, if you are not lactose-intolerant, go ahead and use normal cream cheese frosting instead.
Storing: To store, place the gluten-free crumbl cookies in a single layer in a large airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free crumbl cookies