This is a simple kale and spring onion quiche – one made with a buttery pie crust, and filled with a delicious but light filling of kale, spring onions, onions, eggs, yogurt, milk and a hint of salt and pepper. So quick to put together with a store-bought gluten-free pie crust!
- 1 store-bought gluten-free pie crust (I got mine in Whole Foods)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 4 teaspoons of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of kale leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 425 deg. Fahrenheit (210 deg. Celsius)
- Use a fork to poke holes in the pie crust and bake until it starts turning golden brown (about 15 minutes), then remove from oven
- Meanwhile, heat up 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onions and spring onions until onions turn translucent. Add in kale and then sauté for another 2 minutes, then remove pan from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, salt and black pepper together until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Pour liquid mixture over the sautéed vegetables and mix until ingredients are evenly distributed
- Gently pour the vegetable-liquid mixture over the pre-cooked pie crust and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the liquid mixture is set.
- Let quiche cool a little before slicing and serving warm
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free