Moist, gluten-free lemon ricotta bread that makes for a citrusy and filling breakfast or a tea-time snack.
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature, and a bit more for greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (less than 1 lemon)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit (180 deg Cel)
- Grease a large loaf pan with butter, and line pans with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the rice flour, tapioca starch, corn flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir to blend.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, ricotta, and sugar together with an electric beater until well blended. (Don’t worry if there are visible bits of butter or that the batter is not completely smooth).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and keep mixing.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix some more until well combined.
- Incorporate the dry mixture a bit at a time, until you finally get a homogeneous batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for around 1 hour 10 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Let the lemon ricotta bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Adapted from: Alexandra Cooks (http://www.alexandracooks.com/2013/05/07/lemon-ricotta-pound-cake-%E2%80%A2-mothers-day-%E2%80%A2-handmade-accordion-book/)
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free