Tender chicken strips marinated in a homemade gluten-free teriyaki sauce and then cooked in a wok. Comfort food for the homesick soul.
- 1 cup gluten-free soy sauce (also known as tamari)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced into thick strips
- Chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the gluten-free soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar and chili flakes in a large saucepan over low heat and stir well. Allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tapioca starch to thicken then sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cool for 10 minutes before using.
- Place the chicken strips in a large bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce over, using your fingers to massage the chicken and ensure the strips are well coated with teriyaki sauce.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place marinated chicken in a large wok and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring every now and then to make sure chicken doesn’t get burnt. When chicken is cooked through (juices run clear when you slice into the chicken), remove wok from heat.
- Serve teriyaki chicken with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Gluten-free