Fresh, ripe summer peaches on top of a gluten-free vegan cake. This is the perfect dessert for summer!
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk, but you can also use almond or sunflower)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/6 cup cornstarch
- 1/6 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Fahrenheit (180 deg. Celsius) and grease a small round cake pan with a removable bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sliced peaches, sugar, and 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the non-dairy milk with the lemon juice and let it sit for a while. Add one cup of coconut oil and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the brown rice flour, sorghum flour, cornstarch, tapioca starch, xantham gum, baking powder, sugar, salt, vanilla, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until you get a homogeneous cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and and smooth the surface with a spatula. Arrange the sliced peaches on top of the batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the peaches are golden on top.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan