Firm but moist pumpkin scones that are not only gluten-free but also vegan! A cinch to make, a batch of these scones comes together in just 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons xantham gum
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, whisk brown rice flour, sorghum flour, cornstarch, tapioca starch, xantham gum, sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, mix vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, water, maple syrup and vegetable oil until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well until you get a homogeneous dough. You may need to use your hands to knead the dough a little, but that’s ok. Just make sure to flour your hands with tapioca starch before doing so.
- Sprinkle tapioca starch on a piece of parchment paper or silpat and place the dough on it. Shape the dough into a round ball and then roll it out with a rolling pin to 1-inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter or a small round glass to cut out circles of the dough (I got about 12 circles).
- Place dough circles on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a scone comes out clean.
- Allow scones to cool briefly before serving.
Adapted from: Easy Gluten-free Pumpkin Muffins (Vegan)
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan