Thin, crispy, grain-free cookies made of almond flour and that taste of sweet maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 20 sliced almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 325 deg Fahrenheit (approx 160 deg Cel)
- Combine almond flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon in a bowl and mix well
- Pour the coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup into the dry ingredients and stir well until you get a homogeneous mixture (it’s ok if the dough is sticky)
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper or a silpat and use a teaspoon to scoop the dough
- Roll each teaspoon of dough into a ball between the palm of your hands and flatten it as much as you can. Place the dough circles on the prepared baking sheet, leaving one finger of space in between each cookie, until all the dough is used up.
- Press a sliced almond on top of each dough circle.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until almond cookies have turned slightly golden brown.
- Cool cookies for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet then remove to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container, or better yet, eat them all on the same day.
Barely adapted from: Lulu Lemon (http://lululemon.com/community/blog/paleo-saturdays-seriously-almond-cookies/)
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Grain-free