Grain-free black bean brownies that are rich and chewy and dark and chocolaty – all the elements that comprise of a good brownie worthy of praise. These brownies make for excellent company on your table, alongside glasses of cold fresh milk.
- 1 1/2 cups or 1 14-oz can of unsalted, cooked black beans
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon neutral vegetable cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon milk (dairy or nut, your choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit (180 deg Cel)
- Grease a non-stick 9 x 9-inch square baking pan (I used a glass pan) with baking spray and then line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all four sides
- Place all the ingredients (black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder and ground cinnamon) in the bowl of a blender and blend until as smooth as possible.
- Pour the blended brownie batter into the prepared pan and place pan in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely (about half an hour) before slicing them into squares.
Adapted from: Skinny Taste (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/amazing-flour-less-brownies.html)
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Grain-free