A fool-proof quick bread that has a rich, fragrant cashew nut taste, that is moist and soft, and is also wonderful freshly toasted.
- Vegetable oil for greasing the loaf pan
- 3 cups of whole, raw cashews
- 7 tablespoons of coconut flour (or desiccated coconut)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or nut milk, your choice)
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place a heatproof dish with 2 inches on water on the bottom rack of your oven and preheat oven to 325 deg Fahrenheit (160 deg Cel)
- Grease a large loaf pan and line it with baking paper, pressing the paper to the bottom with flaps that hang over the side of the loaf pan.
- Place the cashews, coconut flour, eggs, milk, apple cider vinegar, baking powder and salt into the blender and process it for about 30 seconds until you get a very smooth mixture. (If mixture looks too thick, add in one tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture runs smooth.)
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for around 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, then gently remove the bread from the pan by lifting it with the flaps of baking paper. Allow the bread to completely cool before storing or serving.
If you plan on eating the bread within a few days, make sure to store the bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you do not plan to eat all the bread at once, slice the bread completely, and place the sliced loaf in the freezer, taking out slices to toast them as and when you want to eat them.
Recipe from Against All Grain (http://www.today.com/food/grain-free-bread-make-paleo-recipe-against-all-grain-your-1D80425611)
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Grain-free