Crunchy granola bars there are so simple to make, plus they’re grain-free, paleo and vegan! High in fiber and protein, they’ll keep you satiated for long!
- 3 cups mixed seeds (I used a mix of sesame, chia, flax and sunflower)
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a rectangle baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat (I recommend the silpat).
- Place the almonds and cashews in your food processor or blender and pulse for a few seconds until they are roughly chopped.
- Combine seeds, almonds, cashews and raisins in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and cook until the mixture comes to a boil. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients into the prepared baking pan and mix well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and press down as firmly as you can with the back of a smooth or spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes then let cool on the counter before chilling it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour until it is firm.
- Slice the granola mixture into rectangles with a sharp knife and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Inspired by: Deliciously Organic
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan