- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour (or more depending on how wet or dry the dough is)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup of lemon curd (see my recipe for lemon curd)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit (180 deg Cel)
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined (if the dough is too wet to roll out, add a tablespoon of extra tapioca flour at a time, until it is sufficient dry to manage but still moist)
- Turn the cookie dough onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper sprinkled with tapioca flour (the dough will be crumbly, but it’s ok)
- Press the dough together to make a solid piece. Use tapioca-flour smeared hands and a tapioca-flour covered rolling pin to roll the dough out to a flat disk, until it is around 1/8 inch thick. (Note that the thinner you can roll the dough out, the better, so the cookies are as crunchy as possible).
- Use a cookie cutter of desired shape (I used a round cookie cutter, but hearts of stars will do too!)
- Place cookies on a silpat-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden on top, then remove them from oven and let them cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread lemon curd on one cookies and sandwich it with another.
Recipe makes about 1 dozen lemon sandwich cookies. Best eaten on the same day of baking as the cookies will lose their crunchiness after that.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Western