A dense, nutrient-rich, grain-free bread made with a combination of seeds and almond meal.
- 1 cup almond meal (or 3/4 cup raw almonds ground into a fine meal)
- 3/5 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/5 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- A handful of sesame seeds for sprinkling on top of batter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit ( 175 deg Celcius)
- Grease a medium loaf pan and line it with baking paper (this makes it easier to remove the loaf)
- Combine the almond meal, sesame seeds, flaxseed meal, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds and salt together, and mix well.
- Add in the water and the five eggs all at once, and stir well until you get a homogeneous batter
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle a handful of sesame seeds evenly on the top
- Bake in oven for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Let bread fully cool in pan before removing and slicing into thin pieces
Barely adapted from: Shift Ctrl Alt
This is a dense loaf – nutrient-rich and grain-free all at once, and a little goes a long way. I suggest slicing it into thin pieces and freezing what you won’t eat immediately, and when you wish, take a few slices from the freezer and toast them. I loved this bread slathered with cream cheese and topped with slices of salame. But you can eat it however you wish. This is the type of recipe I can imagine my mum printing and pinning on the kitchen wall. And you know what? I can imagine you’ll do that too.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Grain-free