Fresh out of the oven, sliced and smeared with butter, this nourishing, grain-free rosemary almond bread will warm your soul from the inside out.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour / almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour (or dessicated coconut if you don’t have coconut flour)
- 2 tablespoons of golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 175 deg Celcius).
- Grease and line a standard loaf pan with baking paper. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, rosemary, salt and baking powder, and mix well.
- Add in beaten eggs, oil or butter, and apple cider vinegar, and stir thoroughly, until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for at least 15 minutes in loaf pan before removing and slicing into pieces.
- Serve with butter, or eat it alone.
- Keep in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or slice into pieces, place in airtight bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Barely adapted from: Multiply Delicious (http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/03/paleo-herb-bread/)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Grain-free
- Cuisine: Western