This healing vegetable noodle soup will warm your tummy and nourish your soul. It’s filling and perfect for cold chilly days yet light enough not to weigh you down.
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chopped spring onions + more for garnishing
- 1 cup torn kale leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 5 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound of uncooked rice noodles
- Squeeze of lemon, optional
- Place the diced butternut squash, pumpkin, carrots, onion, grated ginger, garlic cloves, spring onions, chives and kale in a large pot together with the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, cover the pot and bring the heat down to medium-low and allow the mixture to simmer for the next 30 to 35 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- When the vegetables are tender and cooked, add salt to taste. If you like a bit of citrus in your soup, add in a squeeze of lemon and mix well.
- Add in the uncooked rice noodles and let them cook for the next 10 minutes until soft and fully cooked.
- Divide vegetable noodle soup into two large bowl and serve garnished with chopped spring onions.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan