Tart yet sweet, this refreshing homemade cranberry juice is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and filled with cranberry flavor. This delicious cranberry juice required just 4 ingredients and is ready in 25 minutes. Enjoy it on its own or use it to make holiday cocktails. Totally gluten-free and vegan too.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cook Cranberries in Water: In a large pot add the cranberries and 2 cups of the water. Heat over medium heat until boiling. The cranberries should pop and become soft, with the water reducing down a bit.
- Let Simmer: Turn down the heat to low, add ½ cup more of water and let simmer for 15 minutes, the water should be bright red at this point.
- Strain Pulp: Remove from the heat and strain out the cranberry pulp.
- Add Lemon Juice and Maple Syrup: Add the lemon juice and maple syrup, stirring in the warm cranberry juice to allow the maple syrup to melt into the mixture.
- Add Remaining Water: Then add the other 1 ½ cups of cold water, stirring once again until combined.
- Enjoy: Pour over a glass full of ice to enjoy!
Cranberries: I used fresh cranberries, but frozen cranberries in equal quantities will work just as well.
Water: I used filtered water, but you can also use still water or sparkling water if you prefer.
Lemon Juice: I recommend using fresh lemon juice for the best flavor. However, if you don’t have fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice will work too.
Maple Syrup: I used maple syrup as a natural sweetener to keep the recipe vegan. You can also use agave nectar or honey if you prefer. If you are diabetic or insulin-resistant, I highly recommend using maple-flavored monkfruit syrup (a maple syrup substitute that will not raise your blood sugar levels that much).
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade cranberry juice