Crunchy vegetables wrapped in a thin, translucent rice paper wrapper, served alongside with a thick and chunky spicy peanut sauce..finger-licking good!
- 1 cup of roasted, salted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons of Asian sesame oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice (approx 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon of room temperature water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Siracha or other spicy chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup of finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit (175 deg Cel)
- Pour the peanuts onto a dry baking sheet in a single layer and toast them in the oven until they are fragrant and slightly darker in color, around 7-10 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- Remove peanuts from the oven, let them cool, and place roasted peanuts in the bowl of a food processor or a blender.
- Pulse peanuts a few times to chop them finely, then add cooking oil, sesame oil, chopped garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, water, honey and siracha, and process until the mixture has become a fine but not completely smooth paste. If too thick for your liking, add a bit more of water until smooth enough.
- Scrape the spicy peanut sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Shred cabbages and slice bell peppers into matchsticks, then set aside.
- Soak the rice paper once piece at a time in room temperature water for around 20 seconds until soft, place the rice paper on a dry wooden board, and place a small handful of white cabbage, red cabbage, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers and cilantro in the middle of the rice paper. Fold the paper from the both up, then fold in the sides, and finish rolling tightly.
- Repeat with the rest of the rice paper and vegetables until finished.
- Slice each vegetable roll diagonally into two piece, and serve with spicy peanut sauce.
- Category: Asian
- Cuisine: Gluten-free