Here’s a quick and no-fuss recipe for rainbow veggie collard wraps – one full of color, crunch and nutrients as it is easy to prepare.
- 8 large collard leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of roasted red pepper hummus (I bought mine in Trader Joe’s)
- Red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Place a collard leaf up-side down
- In the middle of the leaf, spread 1 tablespoon of hummus evenly
- Place a few sliced os red, orange and yellow bell peppers on top of the humus (place slices perpendicular to the natural line in the leaf), and sprinkle red chili pepper flakes on top (as much or as little as you like)
- Fold the sides of the leaf and then roll it up tightly to get the wrap
- Repeat until all ingredients have been used up
- Slice collard wraps in half, dip in hummus and eat!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free