This tabbouleh is a salad that’s eaten best chilled, a mix of fine bulgur wheat, diced cucumbers, cubed tomatoes, chopped parsley, sliced spring onions and a handful of fresh mint.
- 250g of very fine bulgur wheat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh mint
- 1 large lemon (for the juice)
- 200ml of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash and rinse the bulgur several times, changing the water as needed.
- Once washed, allow bulgur to soak in hot water for 15 minutes, then drain the water completely.
- Chop onion, spring onions, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, mint
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding salt & pepper to taste
- Chill the salad in the refridgerator for 1 – 2 hours
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice together to make the dressing
- Serve salad chilled with the olive oil & lemon juice dressing
The great thing about this Tabbouleh salad is that it keeps well in the fridge; in fact, the salad tastes even better after a few days because that’s well all the juices and tastes have been fully absorbed.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern