In my opinion, there’s no better way to start the day than with a pan full of sauteed asparagus wrapped in crispy rich bacon, a golden mess of scrambled eggs, and a slice of crusty gluten-free toast.
- 1 large bunch of asparagus spears (about 15–20 spears)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 100g of bacon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- Wash the asparagus spears well, cut off the white parts on the bottom of the stalk, and using a vegetable peeler, peel of a little bit of the skin on the bottom
- Saute the asparagus in a large pan with a little oil on medium heat, flipping them around after 2 minutes, and repeating once or twice. (You can also wrap some bacon around a few spears and saute the bacon-wrapped asparagus with the rest)
- Once asparagus are done, fry the remaining bacon (no need to add more oil).
- In the meantime, add the milk to the eggs and beat well, then scramble the eggs in a clean non-stick pan with just a little oil.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked, serve asparagus with scrambled eggs and bacon, together with slices of gluten-free toast.
- Category: Brunch
- Cuisine: Gluten-free