A comforting, warm bowl filled with millet, sautéed mushrooms and kale to fill you up. Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (I used a mix of button and portobello mushrooms)
- 3 cups torn kale (I used a mix of green and black kale)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
- Combine millet with vegetable stock in a large pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover the pot.
- Allow the mixture to cook over the next 15 to 20 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff millet and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms until they are cooked and brown (about 10 minutes), then add in the kale and minced garlic, and cook for another 5 minutes until kale is bright green and cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Divide millet evenly between 2 bowls and top each bowl with the sautéed mushrooms, kale and garlic before serving.
Inspired by: Oh She Glows
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan