This is a warm and filling salad filled with protein-rich quinoa, roasted butternut squash, avocado and fresh arugula leaves.
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Place the diced butternut squash in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Roast the butternut squash for 45 minutes, flipping them over halfway through, until they are cooked through and crispy on the edges.
- As the butternut squash is roasting, combine the red and white quinoa with the vegetable stock in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the stock starts to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover, leaving a small gap for steam to escape.
- Allow the quinoa to cook for the next 15 minutes, then switch off the heat, before fluffing the quinoa and letting it sit covered for another 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, roasted butternut squash, arugula, and diced avocado. Sprinkle salt over the ingredients and drizzle them with lemon juice and olive oil. Mix together and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan