Amazingly crunchy, gluten-free granola bars that are sweet, delicious and filling. These bars make a quick snack on the go and are a great way to begin the day!
- 5 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 1/4 cup of cashew nuts, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of butter, melted
- 2/3 cup of honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg. Fahrenheit (175 deg. Celsius)
- Grease a large rectangular baking tray with butter of non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, place the puffed rice cereal, chopped cashew nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, diced apples, and ground cinnamon. Mix well until ingredients are homogeneously distributed.
- Mix melted butter and honey together, then pour over the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until dry ingredients are fully-coated with the butter-honey mixture.
- Pour the granola mixture into the prepared baking tray, and spread it until it covers the entire surface area. Use the back of a spoon to compact the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Bake granola mixture in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After removing the baking tray from the oven, use the back of a spoon to compact the mixture even further.
- Let granola mixture cool completely (wait 30 to 40 minutes) before cutting with a sharp knife into bars of your liking.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free