- 1 loaf gluten-free bread (or 5 cups of bread cubes)
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 300F (150C) and arrange the oven rack to the middle position.
- Remove Crust and Cut into Cubes: Cut away to crust from the gluten-free bread loaf, and slice the loaf into even slices, before cutting into small cubes.
- Place on Baking Sheet: Place the gluten-free bread cubes on a large baking sheet and toast them for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Cool: Let the toasted bread cubes fully cool for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to Blender/Processor: Transfer 1 cup of the cooled bread cubes to the bowl of a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Process into Crumbs: Process the bread cubes until you get crumbs. (How long you process them will depend on how you like the texture of your breadcrumbs. 30 seconds for coarser breadcrumbs, 1 minute for finer crumbs, and even longer for super fine crumbs.)
- Use or Store: Use breadcrumbs immediately, or store for future use (place the gluten-free breadcrumbs in a freezer-safe airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months).
Optional Seasonings: Since this is a basic breadcrumbs recipe, I did not use any seasonings. However, once the breadcrumbs are processed, feel free to mix in garlic powder, onion powder, or my favorite combination (minced dried garlic with dried parsley and a pinch of salt).
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooling Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Basics
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: gluten-free breadcrumbs