Thin, gluten-free golden cornmeal crepes filled with sliced, sweet persimmons, freshly whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.
- 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 cups of milk, room temperature
- 2 persimmons, each sliced into 8 pieces (or any other fruit of choice)
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- Honey, for drizzling (optional)
- In a large bowl, place the cornmeal, gluten-free flour blend, sugar and salt. Mix to combine well.
- In a small bowl, place the eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk very well until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined (the batter will have the consistency of whole milk, and the cornmeal will tend to sink to the bottom.)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat for a minute, then melt a tiny bit of butter and swirl the skillet so the melted butter covers the surface of skillet.
- Give the batter a slight mix before measuring about 1/4 cup of batter and pouring batter over the middle of the hot skillet. Swirl the skillet around so the batter is evenly distributed across the surface.
- Cook batter over medium heat until the edges and bottom-side of the crepe starts to turn golden brown (about 1 minute).
- Flip the crepe to the other side and cook until the other side is lightly golden brown (around 30 seconds).
- Reserve cooked crepe and place on a plate. Repeat previous steps until all batter is used up.
- Serve crepes with sliced persimmons, freshly-whipped cream and a drizzle of honey.
Adapted from: Gluten Free on a Shoestring. If you’re not planning on eating the crepes all in one sitting, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week – all you need to do is to heat the crepes up in the microwave just before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free