- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- First Round Processing: Place 1 cup uncooked brown rice in your high-speed blender. Process the rice grains for 30 seconds to 1 minute until you get a flour. It will not be super smooth yet, but don’t worry.
- Sift the Flour: Pass the flour through a fine-mesh sieve to get rid of any large grains that were not fully processed.
- Second-Round Processing: Return the sifted brown rice flour to the blender and process it for another 30 seconds to 1 minute until very smooth.
- Repeat Until Done: Repeat the above process with the remaining rice until all the rice has been processed into a smooth flour.
- Use or Store: Use flour according to recipe or store in an airtight jar.
- Make White Rice Flour: If you prefer to make white rice flour instead, simply use uncooked white rice instead of brown rice. The procedure is the same.
- How to Store Rice Flour: To store the rice flour, simple place the flour in an airtight glass jar and store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Category: Basics
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade rice flour, how to make brown rice flour