Thick, rich and sweet with the season’s best berries, this mixed berry chia seed jam beats store-bought jam hands down. Plus, it’s filled with chia seeds for extra fibre and nutrients!
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine berries and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Mix well to combine and let the mixture simmer for the next 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When berries have started to break down, use a fork to mash them even further.
- Once the mixture has achieved a thick, jam-like consistency, add in the chia seeds and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow jam to cool down. The jam will thicken as it cools.
- When jam has cooled, transfer to a sterilized glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Jam
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan