Mushroom spaghetti aglio olio: a simple but incredibly tasty and fulfilling meal that you can make from scratch in just 40 minutes. Best of all, it’s gluten-free and vegan too!
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound gluten-free spaghetti (or normal spaghetti if you’re not gluten-free)
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the sliced portobello mushrooms in a little oil, until they are cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- When mushrooms are done, add in minced garlic and stir-fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- In the meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the spaghetti and cook it according to the package instructions.
- Drain cooked spaghetti of any liquid, and toss the cooked spaghetti with the sauteed mushrooms and garlic. Mix well until ingredients are all evenly distributed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide spaghetti evenly between 2 bowls and top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan