A mixture of quinoa, minced beef, carrots and heirloom tomatoes stuffed into warm bell pepper shells. A colorful, vibrant dish that’s filling and full of taste at the same time.
- 4 bell peppers (in the colors you like), stemmed and seeds removed
- 1/2 pound of minced beef (or chicken, pork or turkey)
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (or rice if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh torn parsley leaves, for garnishing
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg. Fahrenheit (175 deg. Celsius)
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions
- While quinoa is cooking, heat up a little oil in a pan and saute diced carrots until soft, then add in the minced meat and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Once meat is cooked, remove pan from heat.
- Mix cooked quinoa with minced meat, carrots and heirloom tomatoes
- Divide filling mixture between the four bell peppers
- Place stuffed bell peppers on a baking tray, cavity side up
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until bell peppers are soft and tender.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of torn parsley leaves
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten-free