Deliciously sweet and refreshing strawberry chia seed jam that takes just 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
- 1/2 kg fresh strawberries (or blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Remove the stalks and leaves from the strawberries, and cut the strawberries into quarters (If using other berries, skip this step)
- Place the strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and sprinkle sugar over, mixing them slightly
- Heat the strawberries for about 10 to 15 minutes until it starts to liquidfy and bubble slightly
- Allow the strawberries to come to a boil and break down – at this point, you may use a fork or a potato ricer to mash the strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Once strawberries have been mashed to your desired consistency, taste for sweetness. Add a bit more sugar if necessary (this will depend on how sweet your strawberries naturally are)
- Stir in the chia seeds and let it cook for another minute.
- Stir again, remove the saucepan from heat, and let the jam cool until thick (about 10 minutes). Note that the jam will get thicker as it cools.
- When jam is completely cool, place in medium-sized sterilized glass jar.
- Serve jam with toasted bread or crackers.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free