Cool and refreshing, yet also pumping with so much flavor, gazpacho makes the perfect summer snack.
- 1/4 kg seasonal tomatoes, de-seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1–2 small shallots, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup cold olive oil
- 2 squeezed limes
- A splash of apple cider vinegar (start with a little, then adjust according to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil & parsley
- 1/2 avocado for creaminess
- Large pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Roughly chop all the vegetables, and place the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until you get a smooth texture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill gazpacho in the refridgerator for at least four hours or overnight before serving.
- Serve cold and garnished with diced red pepper, cucumbers and fresh basil leaves.
Slightly adapted from: Victoria Wellness (victoriawellness.com/happy-feet-and-gazpacho-what-a-combo/)
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Spanish