Chunky, thick and impossibly crispy, these air fried potato wedges are golden and crispy on the outside, and melt-in-your-mouth soft on the inside. Big on flavor with a short ingredient list, these air fryer potato wedges make the perfect holiday side dish, or a tasty Game day appetizer. Totally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan too.
- Peel and Cut Potatoes: Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into thick wedges (it doesn’t matter if they are uneven).
- Boil Potatoes: Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add potato wedges to the boiling water, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes after boiling, then drain the water and transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
- Preheat Air Fryer: While the potatoes are boiling, preheat the air fryer to 360F (180C).
- Toss Boiled Potatoes with Spices and Oil: Add all the spices and olive oil to the bowl and mix well until the potatoes wedges are evenly coated with the spices and oil.
- Transfer Potato Wedges to Air Fryer Basket: Transfer the potato wedges to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air Fry Wedges Until Golden and Crispy: Cook wedges at 360F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through so they get cooked on all sides. Once done air fried potato wedges will be golden and crispy on the outside, yet tender and soft inside.
- Serve and Enjoy: Transfer the cooked potatoes wedges to a plate and serve with the sauce.
Potatoes: In this recipe, I used red potatoes, but feel free to use whichever potatoes you have on hand. I like my potato wedges chunky and thick, uneven and unique, so you don’t have to worry about them being evenly cut.
Condiments: I love big, bold flavors, and since potatoes on their own don’t exactly have much taste on their own, I’ve used salt, ground paprika, garlic powder, as well as ground coriander to make these air fried potato wedges really shine! Feel free to add your favorite spices and condiments (such as ground turmeric, curry powder, dried parsley flakes, or red pepper flakes if you wish).
Do NOT Overcrowd: For best results, make sure to to place the potato wedges in a single layer and not overly crowded, so that there is room for the hot air to circulate (which is key to getting crispy edges). Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the wedges in more or less batches.
Storing: If you have any leftover potato wedges (I highly doubt you will!), place them in an airtight container and store them for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Before eating, simply reheat them in the air fryer at 360F for 5 minutes until crispy again.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: air fried potato wedges