This no-bake gluten-free vegan pumpkin cheesecake tastes like heaven: with a smooth and creamy filling and a crunchy sweet almond base, you’ll be back for seconds!
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour in hot water
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Pecans, for topping
- Grease and line a small round springform pan with parchment paper.
- Start off by making the crust: process the almonds in an electric blender until you get a fine meal.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal with melted coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Press the almond meal mixture down firmly onto the base of the prepared springform pan with the back of a spoon to form a level crust.
- Place the pan in the freezer and let the crust set until firm for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing, prepare the filling: process the soaked cashews, pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk, sugar, ground cinnamon and nutmeg in the electric blender until you get a thick, creamy mixture.
- Dissolve the agar agar powder in 1/4 cup of water and then pour the agar agar mixture into the blender. Process all the ingredients together until you get a homogeneous filling.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust and let the filling chill for 2 to 3 hours in the freezer (or 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator) until firm.
- Top gluten-free vegan pumpkin cheesecake with pecans before slicing and serving.
Pumpkin Puree: If you have fresh pumpkins available, here’s my easy recipe to make your own homemade pumpkin puree! Not only will it taste better and is cheaper than store-bought, homemade puree is also free of the nasty additives and preservatives that canned pumpkin usually comes with to make it shelf-stable!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan