Crispy paleo sunflower seed crackers that are lightly salted and topped with chia seeds. These crackers make a great low-carb snack that’s also full of protein, plus they’re vegan, egg-free and dairy-free!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg. Fahrenheit (180 deg. Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat
- Place sunflower seeds in the bowl of your blender (I use this blender) and process until you get a fine meal
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sunflower seed meal, tapioca starch, salt and baking powder and mix well
- Slowly add in water and mix until a dough forms (note that the dough may be sticky but should still be able to come together easily). Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll the dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough into small rectangles or shape of choice.
- Place dough rectangles on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1/2 inch of space between each cracker.
- Brush top of dough with olive oil and sprinkle chia seeds on top of each cracker.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until crackers are golden brown.
- Allow crackers to fully cool before serving.
Barely adapted from: Bob’s Red Mill
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Paleo